7l Wet Chemical Fire Extinguisher best suitable for Class F fires (cooking oil and deep-fat fryer), kitchen is one area where there is a likelihood of a fire occurring due to the presence of flammable liquids such as cooking oil.
- 7L Wet Chemical Fire Extinguisher
- Wall Mounting Bracket.
- Certified and Approved to Australian Standards
- Brand New
- FPD Extended Warranty
7L Wet Chemical Fire Extinguisher
A wet chemical fire extinguisher can be used in putting out kitchen fires. Fires brought by substances such as cooking oil, vegetable oil and the like. It gradually forms a seal around the burning oil to prevent oxygen from reigniting existing flames. The extinguisher is also distinct for it is known to extinguish fires in a progressive manner, rather than suddenly eliminating flames. Even specialists claim that a sudden move could aggravate fire incidents if it involves cooking oils and burning fats.
Where to Use Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers?
- This type of fire extinguisher is perfect for fires involving cooking oil or fat.
- Wet Chemical fire extinguishers should be used by business such as:
- Commercial kitchens
How to Use Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers?
- Wet Chemical fire extinguisher works by creating a layer of foam on the surface of the burning oil or fat that starves the fire of oxygen. The chemical that is contained within the extinguisher is potassium and upon pressing the trigger, the potassium is expelled as a fine mist. The potassium reacts with the oil or fact and creates a soapy like film on the surface of the fire. The spray itself also has a cooling effect that helps to eliminate the fire.
Where to store Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers?
- Wet Chemical fire extinguishers should be stored next to the source of the fire risk